Best Espresso Machine Under $300
What is the best espresso machine? It’s a question that gets asked by those who enjoy their coffee as much as they enjoy their morning workout. Let’s face it, good coffee makes all the difference when you’re having your morning fix along with those delicious breakfast meals. There are many different kinds of coffee machines out there and each one has its own set of benefits and disadvantages. The figure below will give you a general idea about them:
So what’s the ultimate choice – drip brew or espresso? Is it even possible to answer such a huge question? Well, let us narrow down this dilemma for you! In our opinion, if you want to have an amazing cup of espresso, go for a quality espresso machine so that it can deliver the amazing results you are looking for. Espresso is different from drip coffee, as it is brewed under pressure, thus giving it a denser consistency with a thicker layer of crema on top. If you’re after that perfect espresso shot, then you need to be fine with shelling out some money for quality machines. First of all, these machines come in different varieties – semi-automatic and fully automatic espresso machines. The latter can be operated with just one push of a button whereas the former needs more user input so they are usually less expensive than their fully automatic counterparts.
When it comes to manual vs automatic machines there are many things to consider but our personal preference goes towards the latter due to its ease of use and convenience! What’s more, modern automatic varieties come equipped with a myriad of very useful features such as volumetric control, pre-infusion technology, and PID temperature controls among other things.
Now that we’ve talked about the types of espresso machines let us move on to the main topic – We will review the best espresso machines in detail in the following paragraphs. Let’s start!
Types of espresso machines: Which one is best for you?
When it comes to choosing which type of coffee machine is perfect for your household or workplace, you have two real choices – manual variety or an automatic one. If you’re curious about how these two differ from each other, then check out the info below: Manual Keurig Machines vs. Drip Coffee Makers.
Most people often choose automatic machines due to their ease of use and the fact that they can deliver a delicious cup of espresso just with one push of a button. If you’re not much into retraining your habits, then an automatic variety might be the best choice for you. On the other hand, manual varieties are usually less expensive than their automatic counterparts so if you want to save some money and have a little fun in the process, try a manual machine out!
One thing we should mention here is that even though there are several types of coffee machines out there, we will review only full-size models on this website. Why? It’s simple – these kinds of devices offer far more advantages over smaller versions such as single-serve pods or those you can only use to make hot water for tea. In this review, we will cover the following devices:
ARE YOU IN HURRY ? Then You Can Choose This Top Pick Product!
Mr. Coffee One-Touch
Mr. Coffee One-Touch CoffeeHouse Espresso Maker and Cappuccino Machine is the perfect coffee maker for you. It has a dual brew-basket design that lets you choose between ground coffee or ESE pods, so whether you’re in the mood for an iced latte or cappuccino, it’s easy to make. The machine features a 24-oz removable water tank with convenient fill lines on both sides of the tank, which makes it easier to fill with water
Brim 15 Bar Espresso Machine
Capresso Cafe Select
De’Longhi EC680M Espresso
De’Longhi 15 bar Pump Espresso Maker
Breville ESP8XL Cafe Roma
Mr. Coffee One-Touch CoffeeHouse
PRO TIP :When buying a new machine, measure the dimensions of your workspace and make sure it will fit before purchasing.
The Mr. Coffee One Touch Coffeehouse is the perfect espresso maker for those who are after a great cup of coffee at home. With 19 bars of pressure and a thermocouple heating system, you’ll have the right pressure and evenly heated water to extract the best coffee flavors from your grounds. This is an easy espresso maker to use thanks to the 1 button interface. All you need to do is choose the cup size and a single or double shot of espresso.
The Mr. Coffee® One-Touch™ Coffeehouse Espresso Maker with Automatic Milk Frother is the perfect solution for your home or office. This convenient appliance lets you create authentic espresso, cappuccino, latte, hot chocolate, and more. It has a built-in automatic milk frother that creates rich creamy froth for lattes and cappuccinos every time. The removable drip tray allows easy cleanup after use, while the integrated cord storage keeps your countertop neat and clean.
Features & Spec
- ONE TOUCH ESPRESSO MACHINE – One touch is all you need to enjoy a piping hot cup of espresso! The 19 bar Italian pump delivers ideal pressure for robust coffee flavors.
- EASY 1 BUTTON INTERFACE – Easy 1 button interface takes the guesswork out of controlling the espresso maker. Select single or double shots of espresso with a simple 1 button press.
- THERMOCOUPLE HEATING SYSTEM – Thermocouple heating system evenly heats the water for piping hot drinks. Automatic milk frother whips any milk into a light, creamy froth. Removable milk reservoir is easy to fill, clean and store leftover milk in the fridge.
- One-touch control
- Automatic milk frother
- Fits large and small mugs
- Limited customization options
- Filter does not lock into the portafilter
The Breville ESP8XL Cafe Roma Stainless Espresso Maker is a great semi-automatic espresso machine for coffee lovers with an eye for style. It’s the perfect choice if you’re after the best value espresso machine at the entry-level. This best simple espresso maker comes with everything you need for beautiful, freshly brewed coffee. It includes filter baskets for single or double shots as well as espresso pods and an adjustable stainless steel steam wand for lattes and cappuccinos.
It has a 15 bar Italian pump and comes with a steam wand for creating creamy froth to top off your cappuccino or latte. It features an automatic shut-off, removable drip tray, and an easy-clean filter basket. The 1-4 cup feature allows you to make smaller amounts of coffee if you prefer. You can also use the Breville Cafe Roma to make lattes, hot chocolate, and tea thanks to the included steam wand attachment
Features & Spec
- This Breville Espresso Maker is the perfect addition to any kitchen. The Cafe Roma features a 15-bar Italian pump and dual-wall filter system for excellent crema, as well as a cup warming plate and frothing jug.
- BREVILLE ESP8XL CAFE ROMA STAINLESS ESPRESSO MAKER – The Cafe Roma has an electronic control panel with LCD display, which allows you to easily program your machine for espresso or coffee drinks.
- It also offers two separate thermostats so that you can customize the temperature of both the hot water and steam pressure independently.
- Durable stainless steel construction
- Full accessory pack included
- Compact size
- No variable steam adjustment
This machine is an excellent choice for espresso lovers. It’s made of stainless steel and it has a 15 bar pump system. This means that the espresso you brew will have a strong flavor, just like in coffee shops.
The Delonghi EC702 comes with two separate thermostats so that you can brew two cups at once. The machine also includes a built-in conical burr grinder which allows you to grind beans fresh before brewing your shot of espresso.
The De’Longhi EC702 has a simple control panel, two thermostats to separately control water and milk temperature, and a sturdy stainless steel design. This best coffee and cappuccino maker is also equipped with an easy serve espresso (ese) pod compatibility as well as ground beans. The machine can be used for both hot or cold milk frothing and comes with a Panarello steam wand that can be used for texturing the milk. The drip tray accommodates taller mugs by removing it entirely or by sliding them towards the back of the machine.
Features & Spec
Pump driven and 15 bars
- PUMP DRIVEN AND 15 BARS – The EC702 is a pump driven espresso machine, which means it uses the pressure of water to force the hot water through the coffee ground.
- This produces a fuller bodied cup of coffee with more crema than an electric machine
- AUTOMATICALLY SELF PRIMES – Automatically self-primes when you turn on the switch. No need to prime manually before each use
- WATER LEVEL INDICATOR: YES – Water level indicator shows you how much water is left in the tank and lets you know when it’s time to refill. Never run out of steam!
- USE PODS OR GROUND COFFEE WITH THE CONVENIENT
- Stainless steel boiler
- Adjustable steam control
- Stainless steel Italian design
- Short cup clearance
- Manual espresso volume control
The Delonghi EC680M is a great-looking, affordable espresso machine that will give you excellent tasting coffee every time.
It’s got all the essentials to create great tasting espresso, including an automatic flow stop so there is no need to manually stop your shot extraction.
You can also choose between a single or double shot of espresso with the push of a button.
Features & Spec
- FEATURES – The Dedica EC680M is a compact machine that produces high-quality espresso and cappuccino.
- 15 BAR PUMP PRESSURE (THERMOBLOCK) – This means the machine has a very powerful pump, which will give you delicious coffee in no time at all.
- MANUAL MILK FROTHER – This allows you to froth milk manually so you can make your own lattes and cappuccinos. It’s easy to use and makes perfect creamy froth for hot or cold drinks. You can even use it to heat up milk for tea or hot chocolate!
- 3 IN 1 FILTER HOLDER FOR 1 OR 2 SHOTS OR ESPRESSO POD
- Compact and slim design
- Rapid heat uptime
- Automatic shot flow stop
- Microfoam is hard to achieve
It’s time to stop guessing which machine is best for you. The Delonghi Dedica espresso maker has all of the features that will satisfy your needs, and then some! Not small or bulky like other makers on our list; this one can go anywhere in any size kitchen without taking up too much room – making it perfect even if space isn’t an issue (like mine often gets). It also provides more than just coffee-brewing capabilities: there are many opportunities within its settings menu where experiment with flavors until they’re right down perfection…
The Capresso Café Select is a semi-automatic espresso machine that comes with a stainless steel casing, dual-spout portafilter, milk frother, and drip tray. It can make two espressos at the same time!
This is the best home espresso machine under $300. With its double filter, you can make two espressos at the same time! The Capresso Café Pro has a heavy-duty motor and it’s easy to use.
Features & Spec
- ADVANCED PUMP BOILER – The Capresso Cafe Select’s advanced pump boiler maintains a reservoir of hot water at the perfect temperature for faster and more consistent results.
- STATE-OF-THE-ART BOILER – Increases brewing pressure and temperature stability. 15 bar pump provides optimal pressure for rich crema, the thin layer of foam that is the mark of a perfectly brewed espresso.
- DOUBLE SPOUT ESPRESSO FILTER – The double spout espresso filter is convenient and easy to use. Creates an optimal brew quickly and can produce 1 or 2 espressos at a time.
- Stainless steel casing
- Large water tank
- Simple control panel
- Manual espresso volume control
- No customizable features
Brim 15 Bar Espresso Machine, Fast Heating Cappuccino, Americano, Latte, and Espresso Maker with Stainless Steel Housing & Wood Accents on Portafilter Handle.
This machine comes packed with all the great features you need for brewing café quality coffee in your own home. The Brim espresso maker has an easy-to-use interface with pre-programmed single and double shots and steam options. It also has a stylish portafilter with wood accents on the handle. The steam wand is fully manual which takes some practice to master
Features & Spec
- ESPRESSO MAKER: Built with a high pressure Italian pump & a powerful Thermal Cool heating system produces consistently hot espresso shot after shot., the 15 Bar Espresso Maker makes it easy to own the entire espresso making process from dosing to sipping.
- ADVANCED DESIGN: Featuring a commercial style 360 degree swivel action dry steam wand along with single & double cup pressurized filter baskets, a stainless steel frothing pitcher & a 2 in 1 tamper scoop. Does not include pressurized basket.
- PERFECTION MADE EASY: With thoughtful design, high-quality glass containers & precise measuring instructions, you’ll enjoy barista quality espressos at home.
- Hot water function
- Automatic shot time control
- Accessories included
- Longevity may be an issue
- Loud machine