QUICK GUIDE ABOUT ELECTRIC SHAVER
Electric shavers are usually used by men to shave their beards, mustaches, and sideburns. They can either be corded or cordless depending on the type of battery they use.
The most common problem that most people have with these tools is that they tend to pull instead of cut the hair. This happens when the blades are excessively hot which decreases their sharpness. Also, some electric shavers are inclined towards pulling because they come with rotating heads which make it difficult for you to control them properly. You need to shave in a straight line with no curves or angles otherwise you’ll end up with a lot of cuts and bruises.
It is advised not to shave immediately after you have washed your face as it gets rid of most of the natural oils that protect the skin from getting irritated. In case, if you insist on doing this then make sure that you apply extra shaving cream before shaving. The blades should also be free from all kinds of dirt and grime because they can damage your skin further while cutting off the hair.
You should also keep in mind your skin type before buying an electric shaver because some people have extremely dry skin while others have sensitive skin. People with sensitive skin must only go for foils or pivoting types whereas those with tough skin must choose a razor that comes with rotations per minute ranging between 10,000 and 20,000 RPMs.
Why Do You Need an Electric Shaver?
An electric shaver is an important tool for men’s grooming. It is the perfect solution when you want to get rid of your beard in a hurry or if you travel a lot and need an efficient way to keep yourself groomed even during a busy schedule. Men who use electric shavers swear by them because they don’t have to wait forever in front of a mirror trying to shape their facial hair with razors that often tear the skin instead of cutting the hairs smoothly. However, there are certain things that one should know about these devices before buying one.
How does an Electric Shaver Work?
Electric shavers come with two blades that move back and forth at high speeds, thus passing over your face quickly enough to cut the hair. The rotary ones have three blades. On many models, you also have a small trimmer for your sideburns, mustaches or goatee.
ARE YOU IN HURRY ? Then You Can Choose This Top Pick Best Electric Shaver Under $50
Braun Electric Razor for Men
- Rechargeable long-life NiMH batteries
Braun’s Series 3 ProSkin 3040s Men’s Electric Foil Shaver with Clean and Charge Station is a great shaver for the price tag. It boasts of an impressive trimmer element along with the foils to trim long beard growth.
This shaver features three specialized cutting elements, which are designed to capture more hair in every stroke while reducing skin irritation. The blades are built using SensoFoil technology that delivers 10,000 micro-vibrations per minute on your face. This is meant to help reduce friction
OUR TOP PICK BEST ELECTRIC SHAVER UNDER $50
Remington PR1335B R3000 Series
Braun Electric Razor for Men
Produ Remington F3 Comfort Series
The 6 Best Electric Shavers Under $50
The Remington PF7300 F3 Comfort Series Foil Shaver, Men’s Electric Razor is the perfect foil shaver for men who want an easy and convenient way to shave. With its flexing head that moves with the contours of your face, you can get a close, comfortable shave every time. The precision trimmer on this shaver easily trims sideburns and mustaches. This cordless foil shaver has a high-performance motor that delivers power when you need it most. You can use this electric razor dry or wet with gel
Features & Spec
- 2X FLEXING FOILS – advanced flexing foils adjust to your face, providing a smooth shave. The close cut blades are sharp and provide a closer shave than other shavers.
- STAINLESS STEEL BLADES – Sharp and close cutting stainless steel blades that last longer than our competitors’ blades. You’ll have the confidence of knowing you’re getting a clean, close shave with every use.
- QUIET DRIVE ADVANCED MOTOR – Experience less vibration and noise during your shaving routine with the quiet drive motor. Enjoy a more comfortable experience as you get ready for work or school!
- Shaves without irritating the skin
- With the sharpest blades, you can experience the closest cuts
- The pop-up trimmer works well on sideburns and mustache
- Comes with a battery life of merely 30 minutes from 16 hours of charging.
If you’re in the market for a new shaver, we recommend taking a look at the Remington R3000 Series. It’s lightweight and has an ergonomic design that reduces stress on your hands. It also provides smooth and close shaves thanks to its flexible foil construction that follows facial contours precisely. We think this electric shaver is best suited for men with sensitive skin or those who generally experience mild irritation after shaving. It’s also pretty affordable, considering the R3000 is one of Remington’s two highest-end electric shavers.
Features & Spec
- The most notable features of this electric razor include its titanium blades that are ultra-sharp yet gentle on sensitive skin, an LED battery meter that lets you know when it’s time to recharge, and a lift & cut dual blade system that captures both long hairs and flat-lying hairs with ease.
- Another nice feature is the pop-up trimmer for grooming mustaches or goatees.
- It even comes with a 60 day money back guarantee, so if you’re not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, you can return the product free of charge.
- Another plus about this shaver is its rechargeable battery.
- The lithium-ion battery is extremely powerful and can be used for up to 60 minutes on a single charge.
- The shaver will automatically shut itself off after 8 minutes of inactivity to prevent the battery from draining, so it’s always ready when you need it.
- Generous blade area for good skin contact and efficient shaves
- Delivers consistently smooth shaves quickly
- Head adjusts in all directions to ensure irritation-free shaves
- this razor is that it does not come with a cleaning and charging stand as some other Remington electric razors do
MY THOUGHTS ON THIS!
If you’re looking to purchase a sleek-looking electric shaver that gets the job done without breaking the bank then Braun 310s might be your best option. The blade system is very similar to the older model 285cc which I use before and is still my favorite so far. Even though it has just one foil, it does an exceptional job in capturing hairs, even those located on the neck & sideburn area (which is something many other modern razors failed at). It also boasts of its 10,000 micro-vibrations technology which acts as a mini massaging machine on my face after each pass. so this one is best for you if you thought it’s not one for you then check more below
The Series 3 line made by Braun delivers reliable, gentle yet powerful men’s grooming solutions through its patented ProSkin technology. The electric shaver was designed with some unique features that make it stand out from the rest of the products in its class. These include a Built-in pop-up trimmer and an easy one-touch open feature for quick and safe cleaning.The new Pulsonic Technology delivers more than 10,000 micro-vibrations per minute. This technology enables you to capture more hair on every stroke for complete shaving performance.
Features & Spec
- Built-in Li-ion battery which gives you 45 minutes of cordless shaving after one hour of charging time (or 5 minutes of quick charge for one shave).
- Slit foil structure – this special design captures hairs growing in different directions and cuts them below skin level for a closer trimming experience. There is no question that Braun Series 3 310s is designed for close shaving results.
- Works smoothly both in wet and dry shaving
- A fully waterproof design makes cleaning easier
- Comes with 5 minutes quick charge function for 5 minutes of use
- Short battery life might be a turn off for some users
The Philips Norelco OneBlade hybrid electric trimmer is a new tool that was recently introduced by the top electric shaver manufacturer. It is designed as an all-in-one beard trimmer and body groomer. The unique trimmer head design allows the trimming of beards, mustaches, and other facial hairstyles with no guard attached. The comfort rings help you to get a secure grip on the unit while shaving around those sensitive areas, such as your nose and mouth.
As we will see in this article, there are several different types of attachments available for the OneBlade because it’s actually a full-featured hybrid system, which means it can be used cordless or plugged in for maximum. In addition to being able to use the OneBlade wet or dry, there’s also a quick charge option for those times when it needs to be used in a hurry.
Features & Spec
- The Philips Norelco One Blade is an electric trimmer and body groomer with a unique blade design.
- The trimmer uses dual edge safety blades that are able to trim close to the skin without nicks or cuts.
- There is no need to attach any guards or attachments since you can adjust the angle of the blade with a simple turn of a dial.
- This grooming tool has been designed as an all-in-one solution for facial hair and your entire body. It can be used on both wet and dry hair so you can use it in the shower if you prefer.
- Comfortable both for wet and dry shaves
- Works efficiently for all beard lengths
- Head adjusts accurately to accommodate every facial contour
- Takes 8 hours for charging
This is a rotary shaver that can be used in the shower. The waterproof function makes it easier to shave in the shower with your favorite shaving cream, gel, and foam. It has an IPX7 waterproof system, so you can wash the entire body of this budget shaver.
For easy mustache, sideburns and facial hair trimming, SweetLF has a fold-out trimmer. A simple one-touch opener is included to open the trimmer in a second. You will get what you want when you are on travel.
This is a waterproof electric shaver with a rotary head. It can be washed under the tap and used in the shower for a comfortable shave.
It has four blades that are sharp enough to cut through thick hair. The blades are made from stainless steel, which means they won’t rust or corrode over time. They will stay sharp as long as you own this product.
The trimmer on this shaver is simple to use and it doesn’t require any additional attachments or accessories, so you don’t have to spend more money and time.
Features & Spec
- Enjoy up to about 120 minutes of shaving
- With 4-direction floating heads
- Skin-friendly and convenient pop-up trimmer & one touch open
- WET AND DRY & FULL WATERPROOF – The IPX7 body is waterproof and allows you to use the electric shaver whether wet or dry including even in the shower.
- It easily adapts to either shaving foam or gel for a better and closer shaving experience.
- Completely waterproof
- Long-lasting cordless shaving
- Includes advanced technologies at a low price
- The grip could be better
- No charger offered, only a USB cable
The Panasonic ES8243A Arc IV Nano is a wet/dry shaver which is suitable for both dry and wet shaving. When you use the device under wet conditions, it gets even better because it delivers close shaves leaving your skin smooth even after the shave. This unit has an advanced 4 blade cutting technology featuring 30 degree nanotech blades. The blades are ultra thin measuring at 0.05 mm which ensures that they cut facial hair half the time of ordinary blades without clogging or tugging.
What’s most interesting about this product is its pivoting head with Multi-Flex™ action. It can move in different angles including sideways to provide contouring on chin, jawline and neck area where excess hair grows. The Multi-Flex™ action is accompanied by a linear motor drive which delivers 13,000 cuts per minute. The blades are powered by the sharpest linear motor in Panasonic’s shaver line. It also has an active shaving sensor that detects your beard density and thickens or thins power output as required for delivering optimum results.
Features & Spec
- This model comes with an LED display which shows battery status, charge indicator and replacement reminder. The shaver can be fully charged in one hour and gives you up to 17 days of cordless shaving on a single charge (1 shave/day). You can use it under wet conditions because it is 100% waterproof. If you want to clean it after usage, you can simply run water over its head and use the included brush to remove cut hairs.
- One of the main concerns that people have with electric shavers is how often they need to replace parts such as blades and foils. Panasonic promises that this unit will last for an extended period (7 years) as long as you maintain it properly by cleaning, drying and lubricating it after each shave. It also comes with a travel pouch which can be used during trips to keep your device clean and secure when you’re out of the house.
- 2-year limited warranty is offered on this model which covers all manufacturing defects aside from normal wear and tear issues. You can contact customer service if you need repairs or replacement parts before the warranty expires
- Great trimmer.
- The adjustable comb is a nice extra.
- Handles thicker stubble better than other razors on our list.
- Charging alerts could be better.
- Slightly tacky.
FAQS About Best Electric Shaver
What does Rotary Electric Shavers mean?
Rotary electric shavers have three spinning blades that are circular in shape which makes them very efficient at cutting hair even on the neck area. You can achieve a good finish with them no matter what direction you move the shaver in because they will rotate quickly enough to deal with any kind of facial contours. However, rotary electric shavers don’t work well with long or flat-lying hairs so it may take you more time to get rid of every single strand of hair but they cut efficiently around your mustache and chin areas. They are also more comfortable than foil ones because the rotating blades never come into direct contact with your skin. If you can handle their higher price tag, rotary electric shavers are the ones you should look for.
How to Use an Electric Shaver?
If this is your first time using an electric shaver, it may take a little getting used to because they are quite different from manual razors when it comes to handling them and shaving with them. Here’s how you can get started:
1) Wash your face with warm water before shaving. This will soften the hair on your face and also open up pores that will allow the hairs slip out easily while you shave. Warm water has the added benefit of improving blood circulation which makes it easier for the blades of your shaver to cut through even difficult hairs. If you don’t want to use warm water, you can also shave after taking a shower or using a moist towel to clean your face.
The method that works the best for me is placing a hot, damp washcloth over my face for several minutes before shaving so I get all of the benefits of the warm water without having to wait.
2) Put some lubricant on your face if you are using an electric shaver with rotating blades because these cut more efficiently when they have something to cling onto. Shaving gels and lotions come in different brands but most of them work just as well as each other so pick any one that you like the look/smell of. You may want to try out various brands until you find one that gives you optimal results without clogging your shaver’s blades. If you want to use a shaving cream or gel, wet it before applying on your face so that it goes on smoothly and doesn’t clog the tiny holes in your device.
3) For those with sensitive skin, use electric shavers for dry hair. The lubricant will only increase the chances of getting razor burns and other kinds of irritation especially if you have delicate facial skin because these tend to be much more sensitive than regular body parts such as legs and arms. Dry shaving will not only give you a smoother finish but also allow you to cut down on irritating ingredients in most gels and creams. On top of this, many devices now come with additional features that are better suited for shaving dry – such as cleaning solution reservoirs and self-cleaning modes. You can still use lubricants if you have to because it’s the best way to prevent nicks and cuts but you should do so at your own risk.
4) If you want a closer shave, try using your electric shaver on dry hair. If you don’t have sensitive skin or just need a quick touch up before going out, pulling your machine over dry hair will give you a much smoother finish than when shaving with gel or foam because there is nothing between your skin and the blades of the device. This method is especially good if you are in a hurry because you won’t even need to pat yourself dry after getting rid of all that unwanted peach fuzz (and yes ladies, this method rocks for bikini lines as well).
5) Hold parts of your face taut when shaving with an electric shaver. If you do not hold the skin firmly, there is a good chance that it will bang against the blades and clog them up with hair, leading to poor performance or even damage. Taut skin also helps you see what you are cutting so if you have facial hair that’s very long, it makes sense to stretch out those strands a bit before heading in for a shave. For parts of my face where I have no peach fuzz, such as my chin and lip area, I find pulling the corners of my mouth down is enough – but on my neck which is littered with sprouting hairs, holding my neck skin between my fingers works best.
6) Clean your shaver after each use, especially if you have facial hair of any length because this means there is more hair being cut every day so the blades need to be properly maintained or they will soon become dull and ineffective. Just rinse off the head of your device under some running water while it’s still on (to conserve water), add a drop of liquid hand soap and then turn it back on to make sure all parts are thoroughly cleaned out. If you want to go one step further, try blowing compressed air through the holes in your shaver’s head to remove hairs that were too short/thin to get caught up in its blades (don’t do this with devices that don’t allow you to remove the head).
7) Different brands of electric shavers work better with different skin types. If you haven’t found a device yet that doesn’t give you redness and irritation, try out a few more until you find one that is just right for your needs – or go online and look up reviews from other users who have hair like yours so they can recommend a brand that works well with their facial hair type. Finally, note that certain parts of your face may need extra attention for some reason – such as dry/sensitive skin or thick/curly chin fuzz – so don’t forget those areas when shaving if you want to prevent inflammation and pain. Make sure those spots are always as smooth as possible with your shaver because special care will always be rewarded with beautifully smooth skin.
8) If you experience “razor bumps” or ingrown hairs, stop shaving them immediately! Ingrown hairs are not only unsightly but they can also lead to infections if left untreated so switch over to an electric shaver ASAP so nothing bad happens. The best ways to prevent “razor bumps” are by exfoliating regularly (to remove dead skin cells that clog up your pores), using a clean blade every time you shave, and by making sure your device never gets too close to your skin while cutting down those stray hairs. And finally…
9) You may need to pick the right model for your facial hair length because some devices don’t do well with longer hair so if you have a medium to long beard, check out our other article on the best devices for your face .
DISCLAIMER: The above content is not intended as medical advice and should not be taken as such. It is merely meant as general guidelines for those looking to buy an electric shaver. Please consult with your doctor before trying anything described above and don’t hesitate to leave a comment below to share your experience with others or ask questions about this topic! And just because we love you all so much and we feel like it’s our duty to help you find the right machine for your needs.